Monday, September 22, 2008

And so it begins...

I started potty training today. It has been a very wet morning. :) Anakin sat on the potty at 8:30 after we had a long discussion about him being a big boy and not wearing diapers anymore. My mom has told me to take him potty every half hour so at 9:01 as I was walking into the kitchen to get him to go, he peed on my kitchen floor. No big deal, I told him he was good for trying to tell me (he did make an honest effort of yelling "mommy, I poopie!" about 3 seconds after he peed all over himself) and I cleaned up and changed him. At 9:26, he went in the office. This of course was much messier as there is carpet in the office, but no big deal. I cleaned him up and we discussed that when he feels like he needs to go, he needs to tell me. Both times of course, I also made him sit on the potty to associate everything.

It is a little trying but I will not be swayed oh evil potty training spirits that work to test my patience! I will be triumphant! My toddler will go pee-pee on the potty and you will be vanquished!!

When you are a stay at home mom, it's the little things...

No comments: